When is an Estate Sale a Good Idea?
Some points we go through during our FREE Estate Sale assessment meeting.
Answer: When you have a vast amount of salable items that you need to get out fast and be able to make money on.
Definition: An estate sale or estate liquidation is a sale or auction to dispose of a substantial portion of the materials owned by a person who is recently deceased or who must dispose of his or her personal property to facilitate a move. (http://en.wikpedia.org/wiki/Estate_sale)
Sale must be held inside the house. (www.estatesales.com)
- Clear out the house
- Make some money
- Are there enough saleable items?
- Household disruptions
- Location, location, location
- The Clearing Chaos process
- Clear it out before we start
- The contract
Clearing Chaos preparing for the estate sale
- We sort and organize
- Check if chipped, broken & if it works
- Research and pricing
- Set up “the store”
- Permits, regulations, parking
- Advertising and signage
- Numbers, street numbers & collectors
- Register cash only
- Traffic flow
- 2 day vs. 3 day
- Receipt books
- Statement of Sales
- Condition of house
- What is done with what is left?